Some Important Questions
Elementor is a free plugin for WordPress users. If you want to unlock additional features, you can get the pro version. You can find the prices here.
Yes, it works with all themes that follow WordPress’ coding standards.
A couple of decades ago, creating a web site involved a lot of back and forth between developers, copywriters, and project managers. It took months just to induce some simple changes updated on your website.
Nowadays, knowing the way to code isn’t necessary to create engaging websites. Page builders like Elementor make it super easy for non-coders to make any WordPress website they require.
In this guide, you’ll learn about Elementor and how it can help you build a stunning website.
Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder for WordPress. This plugin helps you create beautiful pages using a visual editor. It’s designed for you to make dynamic websites quickly.
This WordPress plugin is an all-in-one solution—letting you control every a part of your website design during a single platform. you’ll customize your website to suit your brand with motion effects, multiple fonts, and enhanced background images.
Why you must Use Elementor?
Elementor works for every type of pros on your team. If you’re not tech-savvy, the visual editor gives you the flexibility to drag any of the 90+ widgets to make content, like buttons, star ratings, and progress bars. For developers, it’s still a top-choice platform with script optimization, custom attributes, and rollback versions.
What are you able to Build With Elementor?
Elementor is a good tool for building everything from your entire website to specific landing pages. you’ll design sales pages, promotional pages, and even custom forms. If you’ll imagine it, this platform can assist you design any page for your WordPress website.
Check out this Online Shopping website built with Elementor.
Then, there’s this landing page for a Digital Marketing firm India.
How to Install Elementor
Like other WordPress plugins, installing Elementor is quick and easy. There are two ways you’ll do it.
Installing via Elementor.com
- Go to Elementor.com and click Free Download.
- Then, click Subscribe & Download.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin, and choose the .zip file you’ve downloaded for Elementor.
- Click Install Now, and then Activate Plugin.
Installing via WordPress Dashboard
- From your dashboard, click Plugins > Add New.
- In the search field, enter Elementor and locate Elementor Page Builder.
- Click Install Now. After installation, click Activate.
Tour of the Elementor Editor
Elementor offers an intuitive design for users. So, you’ll learn the fundamentals of the editor in a very few minutes.
For starters, you’ll access the Elementor editor from the left side of your WordPress dashboard.
Or you can click Edit with Elementor when you create a new page or post.
Drag-and-drop features are located on the left side of the editor. you’ll look for specific widgets to customize your pages. choose between basic elements, like a heading or image gallery, or explore more advanced elements, like animated headlines and testimonial carousels.
In the Style & Settings Configuration menu, you’ll set default colors and fonts for your pages. you also can configure global settings for your entire website on Elementor.
Elementor comes with a built-in Revision History section. Under the Actions tab, you’ll trace your changes, moving back and forth between each action. Under the Revisions tab, you’ll switch between your revisions and revert back to any previous version.
How to Build Your First Page in Elementor
Elementor stands out from its competitors attributable to its easy use. Try it for yourself by building your first page on the platform—no coding skills required.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click Pages, then Add New.
- Click Edit with Elementor to enter the page builder.
The Elementor editor consists of three main building blocks: Sections, Columns, and Widgets. Sections are the biggest building blocks. Within Sections, you’ll add groups of Columns, and Widgets are housed within Columns.
You control the Sections, Columns, and Widgets using the blue handle. good click the handle to edit the blocks.
Templates are pre-designed Pages and Blocks to assist you design your WordPress website. Pages are full content layouts, while Blocks are sections with pre-built widgets, like footers, headers, and FAQs.
Elementor gives you a full license to use any of the templates for your business. There’s a field to look for specific templates by page type, template name, or tag. Plus, all templates are mobile responsive. you’ll insert them into any page with only one click.
- From the most editing screen, click the white folder icon.
- To preview a template, click the simple microscope icon.
- Click the green Insert button within the top right-hand corner to pick your required template.
- When you’re finished designing your page, you’ll preview then publish it.
- Go to rock bottom panel on the correct side of the Elementor editor.
- To preview your page, click the eye icon.
- To publish, click the green Publish button.
How to Use Advanced Features in Elementor
Elementor’s pro version offers advanced features to require your WordPress website to the next level. You get access to more widgets, a theme builder, pop-up builder, and custom field capabilities.
How to Create a Popup in Elementor
Pop-up forms assist you capture email addresses from leads. Elementor makes creating these forms easier with its pop-up builder. Follow these instructions to make your own popup.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Templates > Popups > Add New.
- Name your template and click Create Template.
- Choose a template from the Library or create your own design.
- Click Publish, then Save and Close.
- Open a new page in Elementor (CTRL + E for PC users; Command + E for Mac users).
- Drag in a button widget.
- Under Layout, choose Link > Dynamic > Actions > Popup.
- Go to Popup > Open Popup and select the popup you created.
- Go to the live page.
- Then, click on the button and see the popup appear.
- Here’s how it might look: